Spring... Time to start wearing less and going out more...
It has me thinking about how best to transition from dry, dull winter skin - thanks dry heat and icy elements - to that dewy Jlo glow. The change in routine, a shift in expectations, and the uncertainty of outcome all make transition periods difficult, to say the least. BUT, a little bit of planning and direction can help alleviate some of the stress surrounding the transition from winter to spring on both your skin and your psyche.
Jlo glow exhibit A
To address the stress that comes with transitions, a room spray is pretty immediately helpful. You can spray into the air whenever you feel that frenetic spring energy start to get the better of you, and if you have springtime allergies it might just help that as well.
- 2 oz spray bottle
- distilled water
- essential oils
- combine 10 drops Cypress essential oil (Cupressus sempervirens), 10 drops Lavender essential oil (Lavendula angustifolia), and 10 drops Frankincense essential oil (Boswellia cateri) in 2oz spray bottle
- add distilled water and shake to combine. Shake before every use to ensure maximum incorporation
- spray onto pillows, linens, or just about anywhere you feel the need
After a long winter spent indoors with dry heat, your skin is probably in serious need of some exfoliation. Lucky for you, we make just the thing. The Pythia Sugar Scrub is gentle enough to use on your face but effective enough to use on places like knees and elbows that you feel may need a little "more." It uses sugar to exfoliate while aloe vera and hemp seed oil soothe and moisturize. The coconut soap ensures a clean finish while the essential oils - such as lavender and lemon - are detoxifying.
After a good exfoliating scrub your skin needs a long soak in the tub. One of my favorite soaks includes coconut milk and rose petals. So indulgent and so worth it.
- Add a cup of coconut milk (not coconut water), a half cup of rose hydrosol, and a cup of rose petals to your bath
- soak to your heart's content
Coconut milk is rich in Vitamins A and C as well as magnesium, iron, and other natural protiens which contribute to naturally radiant skin. The rose petals and hydrosol are helpful in transitions for the balancing and hydrating properties found in rose but can be switched out for lavender or even done away with altogether and replaced with an essential oil blend of your choosing. Follow with a good body oil - we make a few - and voilà!